Are you as conscious about your beauty routine as you are about your eating habits? I was certainly not. While I am super-determined about eating as natural and healthy as possible, until recently, I was not so careful about my beauty products. Shame on me!
Once I started getting educated and reading about the ingredients and the hundreds of dangerous chemical substances that were in my beauty products, I new it was time for a change and going “cleaner” also in the skin care department.You are what you eat, but you’re also what you put on your skin ~ Kris Carr Click To Tweet
But before we go into my list of favourites, I few rules I have followed for many years:
– Wash morning and night: I was my face religiously every morning and every night, no matter how early I wake up or how late I arrive home, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Sleeping with your make up on deprives your skin of oxygen, a vital nutrient if you want to look fresh and young.
– Exfoliate: Your skin renews overnight so exfoliating in the morning helps you get rid of any dead cells and keeps you glowing. Start slowly if your skin is sensitive
– Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize… and then moisturize some more and drink more H2O.
– Wear sunscreen: In my teens I was not so conscious about the damages of the sun but now I wear sunscreen everyday. 90% of visible ageing signs come from sun damage… do I need to say more?
This is nowadays my organic skin care. Luxurious and effective products free of pesticides and chemicals:
1. Maria Åkerberg Foaming Facial Wash. Probably one of my best discoveries in Sweden. This wash produces lots of foam, smells fresh and delicious and leaves my skin glowing.
2. Clarisonic MIA 2. This is the best invention since green juicing! I apply a drop of the facial wash on it and let the 300 rotations per minute of the brush clean my skin.
3. Jurlique Rose Water Balancing Mist. After the washing I spritz a bit of this mist on my damp skin and let it air dry. Feels divine!
4. Best Skin Ever Seabuckthorn by Living Libations. One drop is more than enough to take away any redness and calm any irritation.
5. Nourish Calming Moisturizer. A super light cream that smells deliciously and it is finally available in Portugal thanks to Circulo Bio.
6. Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Eye Cream. To take care of the delicate skin around the eyes. Also available in Portugal at Organii.
7. Jāsön Facial Sunscreen 20 SPF. It doesn’t feel greasy and it is quickly absorbed by the skin.
8. Hurraw Lipbalm. I am obsessed with lipbalm, you will probably find a different tube in each of my purses, coats, in the car… This one is vegan, raw and it comes in insane flavours!
So this is my short list. If you don’t know if the beauty products you are using are safe enough you can download the Thinkdirty App and start checking them out.
Go clean beautyful! ♡