This was my breakfast today. Accompanied by a chai latte these cookies were perfect to get me started on this foggy morning.
It will take you 12 minutes to bake them. You can prepare the dough the night before and let it chill in the fridge overnight so you have fresh baked cookies in the morning.
They are the perfect last minute Christmas gift for your friends and I assure you they won’t be disappointed. As someone said “…the people who give you their food give you their heart”
Merry Christmas and Happy Baking!
- - 1 cup of gluten-free white self-raising flour mix (I used this one from Doves Farm)
- - ¼ cup of almond flour (grounded almonds)
- - 1 tablespoon of corn starch (Maizena)
- - ⅓ cup of coconut sugar
- - ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- - ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- - 1 pinch of salt
- - 2 teaspoons flaxmeal (grounded flaxseeds)
- - ⅛ teaspoon of vanilla powder
- - 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- - 4 tablespoons of almond milk
- - 4 tablespoons of almond butter
- - 4 tablespoons of coconut oil melted
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl and mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine well forming the dough. Make a ball, wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200ºC. With the help of a spoon form balls and press them onto a oven tray covered with parchment paper. Press each cookie with the back of a fork to decorate the surface.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let them cool down before serving, they should be soft and a bit chewy in the middle.
- Keep in an air tight container for 5-6 days.