Oh, chickpeas! I could eat chickpeas everyday of the week. They have a lot of fiber, and they provide an amount of protein comparable to that of meat or dairy foods without the high calories or saturated fats. For Day #5 of Meat Free Week I made this chickpeas salad with a great currie dressing that will keep you satisfied for hours.
– 1 and 1/3cup of chickpeas, cooked
– 1 /2 cup of cucumber, diced
– 1/2 cup of carrots, diced
– 1/2 cup of apple, diced
– 1/2 cup of avocado, diced
– 1/3 cup of coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon of curry powder
– 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of tahini
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– Salt and pepper
To make the sauce put 1/3 cup of chickpeas in the blender with the coconut milk, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blend for about 1 minute. You can add some water if the consistency is too thick.
Put the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, cover with the curry dressing and toss gently until everything is well covered. Keep in the fridge until serving.
Get curried! ♡